Friday, May 18, 2007

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Right before I landed this job, my wife had a phone consultation with a psychic. She was one of those professional-type psychics who helped police find lost kids etc. I had worked on a documentary about her, and I think she gave us a discount.

In any case, instead of telling my wife's future, she mainly focused on me and my life, which annoyed my wife to no end. Nevertheless, one of her predictions was that I would be offered a full-time position outside of the entertainment industry, and that I should absolutely turn the offer down.

I guess I didn't listen.

I don't regret taking this job--it has certainly paid my bills and taken good care of my health needs for the past seven years. But I also don't regret quitting either. I wish I would have had something lined up before I moved on, but this week they really put me in a position where I would have had to abandon any shred of dignity I had left in order to continue working there.

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
And heaven knows I'm miserable now

In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die ?


"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is by The Smiths

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dignity is way more valuable than any job, no matter how many bills it pays.