Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tossin' & Turnin'

Last week, my wife started having trouble sleeping. Although she said there wasn't anything particular on her mind, I guessed that it had something to do with the fact that three thousand dollars of our monthly take-home pay just vanished into thin air.

Meanwhile, I slept like the proverbial skeleton in the boneyard. I felt great! I had nothing on my mind at all, and was just thankful to be rid of a job that had kept me in a constant state of depression for the better part of a decade.

Of course, I knew this feeling couldn't last. Which is why last night, while my wife was busy sawing logs in the master bedroom, I was in the guest bedroom contorting my body into 74 different positions, convinced that I would instantly fall asleep just as soon as I found the right one.

Anyway, I'm guessing I got about two hours of sleep at the most. Since I am nothing if not productive, I did however search for jobs on Craigslist, roll a couple games of pinball on my PSP, and catch a show about animal cops on TV at about four AM.

Maybe I should think about the Army, as I already did more before seven AM than I am gonna do for the rest of the day.

The clock downstairs was strikin' four
Couldn't get you off my mind
I heard the milkman at the door
'cause I was tossin' and turnin'
Turnin' and tossin'
a-tossin' and turnin' all night


"Tossin & Turnin'" was covered by Peter Criss

No comments: